[Milton-L] IMS9 travel

Noam Flinker flinker at research.haifa.ac.il
Mon Jun 23 16:04:08 EDT 2008

The London Express from Heathrow to Paddington is, in addition to
everything else, elegant and comfortable.  You might save money by
sharing a cab but not necessarily. In any case, the trip to
Paddington is smooth, relaxing and most soothing, especially after a
transatlantic flight that brings you into London in the morning when
your biological clock is convinced it's the middle of the night.  The
cab ride from Paddington to the University of London should be fairly
short but I don't know about cost.
Noam
On Jun 23, 2008, at 9:29 PM, Robert Appelbaum wrote:

> Dear American Friends,
>
> Heathrow is served by a train that will get you into the city
> centre quicker than any cab can do.  Take the train!  Save fuel!
> Go really green! You can get a cab from the train station
> (Paddington) to your hotel.
>
> duran0 <duran0 at purdue.edu> wrote:
> Thanks to Julia Walker for that information.
>
> Her email spurred me to see if a few of us arriving at about the
> same time would like to share a cab.  I arrive at London Heathrow
> Airport on Monday, July 7th, at about 6:00 AM and am happy to wait
> around for anyone who lands as late as 7:00 AM.
>
> Please email me OFF LIST if you would like to coordinate where to
> meet at the airport and sharing a cab to U of London residences,
> which seems to be a 19 mile/35 minute ride.  I/We can check on the
> taxi cab fares (looking at the list we all just got, too!) and
> split it two or three ways, depending on how many arrive at about
> the same time.
>
> Fingers crossed...
>
> Adios,
>
> Angelica Duran
> Associate Professor, English and Comparative Literature
> Purdue University
> 500 Oval Drive / Heavilon Hall
> West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
> U.S.A.
> <duran0 at purdue.edu>
> <http://www.cla.purdue.edu/english/directory/index.cfm?personid=80>

> Robert Appelbaum
> Department of English and Creative Writing
> Lancaster University
> Lancaster, LA1 4YT
>
> www.robertappelbaum.com
>
> or