[Milton-L] Why teachers retire early if they can afford it

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 14:15:06 EDT 2008

Yes, there were more grammatical and syntactical errors than I
initially mentioned -- he also dropped a question mark.  The "when in
life who cares" was probably an incomplete edit.  But the thought was
clear and forcefully expressed and his choice of words fit his
emotional tone well -- and there was no requirement in the
"assignment" for error free writing.  It's roughly equivalent to a
personal email.

What I think we need to do is figure out better ways to sell our
subject (explain its importance to those who aren't English majors) to
people like this.