[Milton-L] Info request - Uncreation in PL

Carl Bellinger bcarlb at comcast.net
Wed Jul 30 12:23:12 EDT 2008

Does Fish, or anyone, align the notion of Milton's text as "self-consuming
artifact" with an ordained devolution of the artifact of God's creation?

In doctrinal history, is the biblical picture of a final
isassembly  --stars falling, elements melting, heavens rolling up like a
scroll---  treated as a consequence necessarily of the Fall, or, rather, as
built-in, so to speak, to the raw, mere, nature of the physical creation?

Sh's "to the last syllable of recorded time" may have no relevance to PL,
but seems to me a marvelously suggestive yoking, or "imping," of (A) the
idea that creation is a text with an ordaind end, and (B) the picture of our
conscious, willing life as a thing that tails off finally into incoherence.

-Carl