[Milton-L] Abdiel (thought-sins)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jul 3 17:27:17 EDT 2008

Michael Gillum wrote:

> Jim R,
>
> Yes, I think JM's concept of reason is similar to the stoics', but he
> wouldn't think divine and human reason are identical, the human version
> being perhaps a greatly limited subset and not so strong as to avoid all
> error. Obviously JM thought reason could and should "dictate" to the human
> will for the fallen and unfallen alike.

Just a footnote. Idon't know how relevant it is. If I recall correctly
from my reading many decades ago, the Scholastics held that angels do
NOT reason, nor do they posess an imagination: they simply open their
minds as we open our eyes, and SEE.

How much more true would this be of any alleged Omniscient Intelligence.
Reason would surely be misleading attached to such an intelligence.

Carrol