[Milton-L] 17th century poetry query

Burbery, Timothy burbery at marshall.edu
Wed Jul 2 09:51:54 EDT 2008

Unsubscribe, please.

Thanks,

Tim Burbery

________________________________
From: milton-l-bounces at lists.richmond.edu [mailto:milton-l-bounces at lists.richmond.edu] On Behalf Of duran0
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:50 AM
To: John Milton Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Milton-L] 17th century poetry query

Dear all,

Could you please copy me with your responses too?  I have a collection of "flowers in poetry and through the centuries" that I use for town-and-gowning to horticulturalists, gardeners, May-dayers.  A few months ago (perhaps years ago?) the list helped me remember William Carlos Williams' "Asphodel, That Greeny Flower."  It is all Milton-related of course.  As Hannibal on the list knows from a conference, I believe the violet flower in WCW's "Raleigh Was Right" alludes to Milton's "L'Allegro."

BTW: Thanks to all those who answered about my Bible as Lit question a few weeks back.  The syllabus is almost all complete, and I am very excited about the course.

Adios,

Angelica Duran
Associate Professor, English and Comparative Literature
Purdue University
500 Oval Drive / Heavilon Hall
West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
U.S.A.