[Milton-L] Abdiel (thought-sins)

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 14:47:34 EDT 2008

Jason A. Kerr wrote:

"Hmmm, wombats in paradise... I admit that one hadn't occurred to me before. Though I could get all uptight and historicist by pointing out that Cook didn't sail to Australia until a century after the publication of PL, and so Milton couldn't possibly have been aware of wombats, let alone suggest that Adam refrain from sexually molesting them. All the same, thanks for a good laugh in the middle of the day."

No wombats in Paradise? Good thing, too! If anything would get that first man thinking sexual thoughts, it's 'womb-ats' in paradise -- possibly the first houris.

Jeffery Hodges