[Milton-L] Abdiel (thought-sins)

Patricia Stewart pstewart at uga.edu
Tue Jul 1 12:53:01 EDT 2008

Re: [Milton-L] Abdiel (thought-sins)"Sin makes you stupid, according to a lot of medieval and renaissance texts.

Adam and Eve can eventually repent because God sends prevenient grace after the fall and judgment."
Sin hardens the heart instead of dulling the brain.  See, for instance,  Claudius' prayer in _Hamlet_.