[Milton-L] Reading Milton for pleasure

Lorayne C. Mundy mundylc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 31 09:47:54 EST 2008

Isn't  that a lovely moment!  I usually find my students are not of the classical bent when they enter my class...but a moment that resounds of your experience occured when a young ex-military science student taking my class sent me a note after term ended and said, ""Thank you for teaching me that there is another world out there that I didn't know existed.  Chaucer and Milton both proved that, and you made them come alive!"  Needless to say, I saved that message just to remind me that you can't save the whole world, but you can keep the flame burning... Cngratulations for your moment!
Lorayne C. Mundy