[Milton-L] Registration form and map for IMS9

Jason Kerr aelfric at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:31:12 EST 2008

I emailed Martin Dzelzainis about this, and (hoping he won't mind) here is
what he wrote:
The Symposium will be in central London, and (pending refurbishment) at the
Institute of English Studies (IES), Senate House, Malet Street. The IES
website (http://ies.sas.ac.uk/) will in due course be listing accommodation
a various rates, from the cheapest (student rooms in halls) upwards.

This is in Bloomsbury, across the street from the British Museum. I've
already booked a hotel in walking distance; several others can be found via
links on the website.

Looking forward to London in July,
Jason A. Kerr

On Jan 25, 2008 2:50 PM, Paul Parrish <p-parrish at tamu.edu> wrote:

>  There was no attachment, Derek.  The information sent earlier by Warren
> Chernaik pointed to the Institute of English Studies website (
> http://ies.sas.ac.uk ).  That site includes, under "Events-Conferences,"
> information about IMS9, registration forms, and access to further
> information about accommodations.  I assume that details are still being
> worked out, but the venue cited is the Institute itself.  I've just looked
> at the site again, and it seems clear to me that we are to identify and
> secure accommodations based on what is given on the web site--and it's
> sufficiently thorough.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Paul
>

> At 01:27 PM 1/25/2008, you wrote:
>
> My computer refuses to display Paul's attachment. Does any one know where
> the conference meetings / talks will be held -- and which residences / hotel
> are nearest to that site (i.e walking is a problem for me)?
> dw
>

> Derek N. C. Wood,
> Senior Research Professor,
> St. Francis Xavier University,
> ANTIGONISH,    NS,
> Canada,    B2G 2W5
>
> e-mail: dwood at stfx.ca
> phone: 902-867-2328 (w)
>            902-863-5433 (h)
> fax:      902-867-5400
> web:     http://www.stfx.ca/people/dwood <http://www.stfx.ca/people/dwood/Welcome.html>
> /Welcome.html

The purpose of poetry is to remind us
how difficult it is to remain just one person,
for our house is open, there are no keys in the doors,
and invisible guests come in and out at will.

          —Czeslaw Milosz, from "Ars Poetica?"