[Milton-L] more on the 400th anniversary in Delaware

walfred at UDel.Edu walfred at UDel.Edu
Mon Jan 21 19:21:43 EST 2008

  There are indeed events planned for Milton's 400th
  in Milton, Delaware  This is from an earlier post to
  this list serve:

Every year in December, on the weekend nearest to December 8, Milton Delaware, the town holds a Poetry
Contest and readings and other special events.

Recently a statue of Milton sitting on a bench has been commissioned.
(Article lined below).

Milton is a quaint town, near the seaside resort of Lewes and Rehoboth, Del.
If you are near the East Coast, and want to do some tax-free shopping before
the holidays, this might be a small-town experience worth consideration.

http://www.capegazette.com/storiescurrent/200702/miltonstatue020207.html

http://www.newszapforums.com/forum171/25762.html

  The poetry festival has traditionally been more to
  do with celebrating  current and  local talent than
  celebrating Milton's poetry per se, but 2008
  promises to be different. This is the official
  Milton town site and should have more updates as
  they are formulated (we take our time here in
  Delaware). The unveiling of the statue promises to
  be a very big deal.
  http://www.ci.milton.de.us/

  http://www.capegazette.com/storiescurrent/200712/miltonpoetry121407.html

Michele D. Walfred