[Milton-L] MLA "Approaches"

John T. Shawcross jtshaw74 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 21 13:56:18 EST 2008

I only just received the question and the answers to Peter's email
about a "standard" text for PL in the MLA "Approaches" volume. I do
feel that I would want an "original" text rather than a modernized
(or partially modernized) text. There are many reasons why. But I
cannot agree that we must all use the same text, although we should
indicate what text we are using (which I have not done but shall, and
conform to whatever seems to be the preferred "original" text edition
if such a decision emerges). Peter's later email (in response to
some of the answers) seems right, and besides, Tom Fulton's comment
that book and line indication should resolve any "use" problem is
surely correct.

John