[Milton-L] Re: the wings again

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 18:11:00 EST 2008

For convenience in viewing, I've now posted all those images on my blog, along with some of our commentary:

  http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/2008/01/saint-francis-receiving-stigmata-from_03.html

  I had imagined that posting these would be simple, but I spent two hours on it! Still, the result was worth the time invested.

  Jeffery Hodges

gilliaca at jmu.edu wrote:
  >> I am, however, glad that the question was posed, for
> I might otherwise never have become of aware of this
> fascinating series of artworks depicting a
> extraordinary winged Christ . . . or perhaps an
> ordinary winged seraph who happens to be crucified
> and looks exactly like Christ.

Yes - those are stunning! And I expect you - and others - are right about the biblical reference as source. But look at what enchanting places we got led to as, in my case, I pretend that Monday will NOT bring the start of classes.
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant

University Degrees: