[Milton-L] Re: the wings again

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Wed Jan 2 14:57:57 EST 2008

>>   I am, however, glad that the question was posed, for
>   I might otherwise never have become of aware of this
>   fascinating series of artworks depicting a
>   extraordinary winged Christ . . . or perhaps an
>   ordinary winged seraph who happens to be crucified
>   and looks exactly like Christ.

Yes - those are stunning! And I expect you - and others - are right about the biblical reference as source. But look at what enchanting places we got led to as, in my case, I pretend that Monday will NOT bring the start of classes.
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant