[Milton-L] Re: the wings again

ms493101 at ohio.edu ms493101 at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 2 14:01:44 EST 2008

Not to "skirt" the issue, but the skirtishness of God's apparel emerges in
Renaissance Bible translations.

For example, the Geneva Bible renders Isaiah 6.1: "“In the year of the death of
King Uzziah, I saw also the Lord sitting upon an high throne, and lifted up,
and the lower parts thereof filled the Temple” (Isaiah 6.1). Geneva marginalia
note on "lower parts": “Of his garment, or of his throne.”
Interestingly, the Bishop's Bible, the Authorized Version, and Douay-Rheims
insert "and his train."

Best,
Matthew Stallard