[Milton-L] Fwd: somewhat off topic art question

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 23:50:15 EST 2008

Since this is the Milton List, I feel comfortable noting that the song "Wings of a Dove" (one of my favorites) was written by Bob Ferguson in 1958 and sung by many recording artists:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ferguson_%28music%29

  Ferguson, by the way, was born in Willow Springs, Missouri, not so far from my Ozark hometown of Salem, Arkansas (which I'll be visiting in February with my family, a first time for our two kids, Sa-Rah and En-Uk, aged 11 and 8, respectively).

  I hope that I haven't bored anybody, but if so, just click "delete."

  Jeffery Hodges

gilliaca at jmu.edu wrote:

To quote Dolly
>Parton, among other interpreters, "On the wings of a snow white dove, He
>sends His pure sweet love, ...."

FanTAStic!

Where else would you get from John Wesley to St.Francis to Dolly Parton in a few short hours? Only missing is Uncle Tom Cobley and all....!
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant

University Degrees: