[Milton-L] Fwd: somewhat off topic art question

Holly Faith Nelson hnelson at sfu.ca
Tue Jan 1 15:43:05 EST 2008

I have not read all of the e-mails in this regard so this may be restating
the obvious, but the image of the "Sun of righteousness" arising with
"healing in his wings" is a biblical one.  It is found in Malachi 4:2:

"But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with
healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the
stall" (AV)

It is a verse that was especially attractive to Henry Vaughan.

Holly

Holly Faith Nelson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor / Coordinator of First-Year English
English Department
Trinity Western University
7600 Glover Road
Langley, BC