[Milton-L] Apostasy - an unusual PL adaptation

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 14:23:36 EST 2008

Larisa, I'm glad to have been of help. Nice quote, by the way:

  "a wise man like a good refiner can gather gold out of the drossiest volume"

  Except that now that I think about it . . . you're implying that you've refined my dross?

  Jeffery Hodges

Larisa Kocic-Zambo <larisa at lit.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Thank you Jeffery,

  You made me laugh. And of course, you made me realize how stupid it was from me to grow so indignant. But above all, to see this aspect of the list as a possible source of unexpected information, knowledge. After all, „a wise man like a good refiner can gather gold out of the drossiest volume,.. “
  So I do apologize for my outburst. And once again, thank you for this comment. I was in sore need of it.
  Happy New Year to All (even, or especially to the HJHs) <wink>

  Larisa

    Welcome to the Milton List. As true Miltonians, we always find original ways of not responding to simple queries. Be not dismayed! Join the fray!

      Larisa Kocic-Zambo (innocently inquiring): "Has anyone seen the film Apostasy, by Andrew Bellware?"

    HJH (a typical Milton-Lister listing from too much Christmas cheer): "Apostasy? Is Bellware implying that Milton was an apostate? From Milton's perspective, everybody else was the apostate! Who is this Bellware, anyway?"

    One must simply read between the lines of the unpleasant Dr. HJH, who has implicitly admitted never having seen the film.

    This is part of what makes the Milton List a constant source of the unexpected. Milton would attribute this to the free will of our fallen natures. (There, that ought to ignite a new discussion.)

    Jeffery Hodges

University Degrees:

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley