[Milton-L] Apostasy - an unusual PL adaptation

Larisa Kocic-Zambo larisa at lit.u-szeged.hu
Tue Jan 1 08:36:34 EST 2008

Thank you Jeffery,

You made me laugh. And of course, you made me realize how stupid it was from
me to grow so indignant. But above all, to see this aspect of the list as a
possible source of unexpected information, knowledge. After all, "a wise man
like a good refiner can gather gold out of the drossiest volume,.. "

So I do apologize for my outburst. And once again, thank you for this
comment. I was in sore need of it.

Happy New Year to All (even, or especially to the HJHs) <wink>

Larisa

Welcome to the Milton List. As true Miltonians, we always find original ways
of not responding to simple queries. Be not dismayed! Join the fray!

Larisa Kocic-Zambo (innocently inquiring): "Has anyone seen the film
Apostasy, by Andrew Bellware?"

HJH (a typical Milton-Lister listing from too much Christmas cheer):
"Apostasy? Is Bellware implying that Milton was an apostate? From Milton's
perspective, everybody else was the apostate! Who is this Bellware, anyway?"

One must simply read between the lines of the unpleasant Dr. HJH, who has
implicitly admitted never having seen the film.

This is part of what makes the Milton List a constant source of the
unexpected. Milton would attribute this to the free will of our fallen
natures. (There, that ought to ignite a new discussion.)

Jeffery Hodges