[Milton-L] Samson's prayer of revenge

Paul Miller pm9 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 28 18:33:11 EST 2008

Milton identified with Samson and a little of his own story makes it into SA
so I think Milton knew the eyes of Samson were gone but sometimes in his
mind's eye he saw himself standing in as Samson  with his own sightless
eyes.

Paul Miller

So Hills amid the Air encounterd Hills
Hurl'd to and fro with jaculation dire,
That under ground, they fought in dismal
shade --- Paradise Lost