[Milton-L] RE: Samson's prayer for revengr

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 19:05:26 EST 2008

Don't we need to make a distinction between Satan's deliberate verbal
ambiguity in PL and Milton's deliberate narrative ambiguity in SA?  In
the former case it's clear that Satan clearly does not want to
disclose himself -- the point is deception.  In the latter case, isn't
it possible that Milton himself didn't know if -his- Samson was really
praying?

Jim R