[Milton-L] Satan's quote of Macbeth...

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 02:49:03 EST 2008

Tony, that does sound rather close. Thanks.

  Jeffery

Tony Demarest <tonydemarest at hotmail.com> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    Hi Jeffrey-

I wonder if the following lines (IV,i) of Lear are more appropriate especially with the playing on "worse," and "worst." Perhaps Carey got his Shakespeare "quite unnoticed."

EDGAR
[Aside] O gods! Who is't can say 'I am at
the worst'?
I am worse than e'er I was.

Tony