[Milton-L] Satan's quote of Macbeth...

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 02:46:59 EST 2008

John, thanks. I'll take a closer look at this material, which does have points of contact.

  Jeffery

John Rumrich <rumrich at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
  Hi Jeffery

  I wonder if Prof. Carey is referring to Macbeth 3.4 ("for now I am bent to know, / By the worst means, the worst") and PR 3.207ff (If there be worse, the expectation more / Of worse torments me than the feeling can. / I would be at the worst; worst is my port.")  It's not exactly an unmistakable echo, but I believe the connection is there, and it's a pretty meaty one, too.

  John