[Milton-L] Milton Judges in SA

Paul Miller pm9 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 24 16:36:26 EST 2008

Of course from the subjective view of the messenger he couldn't know that he
was praying so he described what he saw. Among the final lines of SA are
these spoken by Samson's father and chosen by Milton "And which is best and
happiest yet, all this
With God not parted from him, as was fear'd,
But favouring and assisting to the end".

I think Milton saw God there at the end with Samson and considering source
material and context we have Samson in prayer before pushing those pillars.

Paul Miller

So Hills amid the Air encounterd Hills
Hurl'd to and fro with jaculation dire,
That under ground, they fought in dismal
shade --- Paradise Lost