[Milton-L] Milton Judges in SA

Paul Miller pm9 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 24 15:41:13 EST 2008

Carrol

Your statement that Milton chose_ to present it ambiguously is a naked
assertion and once he chose to present the scene through a witness he really
has limited ways of telling the story. I see no ambiguity
and the fact that a few readers might perceive ambiguity does not prove
authorial intention. However I think your argument was greatly strengthened
by putting DELIBERATE all in capitals, almost won me over. :)

Paul Miller

So Hills amid the Air encounterd Hills
Hurl'd to and fro with jaculation dire,
That under ground, they fought in dismal
shade --- Paradise Lost