[Milton-L] Satan's quote of Macbeth...

John Rumrich rumrich at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Feb 24 14:42:45 EST 2008

Hi Jeffery

I wonder if Prof. Carey is referring to Macbeth 3.4 ("for now I am
bent to know, / By the worst means, the worst") and PR 3.207ff (If
there be worse, the expectation more / Of worse torments me than the
feeling can. / I would be at the worst; worst is my port.")  It's not
exactly an unmistakable echo, but I believe the connection is there,
and it's a pretty meaty one, too.

John