[Milton-L] Thinking or Rehearsing?

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 20:13:57 EST 2008

Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

  "But my father, who taught in a rural elementary school, once had a parent come in really enraged that my father was teaching such blasphemy as a spherical earth. That would have been around 1955."

  One encounters "flat-earthers" even today . . . though I've never encountered one. I did read about a Muslim flat-earther in Iraq who only last week was giving the results of his research on 'astronomy' and his findings that the earth is flat -- based, apparently, on his belief that the Qur'an 'says' that it is flat, much as the Bible 'says' that it is flat.

  Jeffery Hodges

University Degrees:

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley