[Milton-L] Thinking or Rehearsing?

rpyoder at ualr.edu rpyoder at ualr.edu
Wed Feb 20 17:44:58 EST 2008

The comparison with Shakespeare is also suggestive, for isn't this related to Keats's opposition between Shakespeare as the poet of negative capability and Milton as the poet of the egotistical sublime?  That is, we learn nothing about Shakespeare's perspectives or beliefs from the plays, whereas we learn lots about Milton's perspectives and beliefs.

Paul