[Milton-L] Why oh Why

Jason Kerr aelfric at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 12:52:37 EST 2008

I don't know if he'd read it, but he'd almost certainly stick up for it's
being printed (even if only as a foil for his own works).
Jason Kerr

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Conrad Bladey <cbladey at verizon.net> wrote:

> Ok now before you stray too far...must get you back to topic...
>
> What would Milton do?
> (WWMD)
>
> Would he read the National Enquirer?
>
> CB
>
> Horace Jeffery Hodges wrote:
>
> > Well, I did yesterday. I'm back in my Ozark hometown for the first time
> > in 13 years, and I found myself -- as an inquiring person -- staring at
> > the headlines of The National Enquirer as I stood in the checkout line
> > at the Town and Country store. Apparently, Jennifer Aniston wishes that
> > she'd had Brad's babies...
> >
> > Jeffery Hodges
> >
> > "Dr. Larry Gorman" <larry at eastwest.edu> wrote:
> >
> >     Do you read The National Enquirer because it's there?

The purpose of poetry is to remind us
how difficult it is to remain just one person,
for our house is open, there are no keys in the doors,
and invisible guests come in and out at will.

          —Czeslaw Milosz, from "Ars Poetica?"