[Milton-L] Query re Wither, _Schollers Purgatory_

Carol Barton cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 10 18:27:23 EST 2008

Does anyone happen to know where in his _Schollers Purgatory_ (1624) George
Wither said that Laud's censorship "hath brought Authors, yea the whole
Commonwealth, and all the liberall Sciences into bondage"? I've cited the
quotation without the page number in a monograph that I hope is "soon to be
published." (I believe the text is on EEBO, but won't have access to it until next weekend.)

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment you can offer!

Best to all,

Carol Barton