[Milton-L] IMS9

Paul Parrish p-parrish at tamu.edu
Fri Feb 8 09:54:45 EST 2008

Warren,

I'm sending this to the list as I might not be
the only one with this question.  I
pre-registered in mid-January and included the
reception and boat trip down the Thames as one of
the extra items I paid for.  That cost and the
cost of the banquet are similar, but not
identical, the banquet being a bit more.  Do
those of us in this situation need to do anything more at this juncture?

Paul Parrish

   At 03:28 AM 2/8/2008, you wrote:
>Dear colleagues,
>Here is an update on the forthcoming International Milton Seminar
>(IMS9) in London, 6-11 July 2008. We have decided to include a
>conference banquet on the evening of Thursday, 10 July, instead of the
>boat ride down the Thames originally planned. The banquet will be at
>the Imperial Hotel, overlooking Russell Square, at £31 per person.
>Other fringe events with extra charges include "Milton in Music", a
>concert of settings of Milton by Handel and other composers peformed
>by the Apollo Chamber Orchestra and soloists on Tuesday evening at St
>Giles Cripplegate (the church where Milton is buried), £15; and (as
>alternatives, since they are both scheduled on Wednesday afternoon) a
>semi-staged reading of "Samson Agonistes" at St Giles Cripplegate, £8;
>and a coach trip to Milton's cottage in Chalfont St Giles, £12. The
>conference fee is £135 for those registering on or before 15 May 2008
>and £145 afterwards. We strongly recommend early registration, since
>the fringe events (other than the conference dinner) are open to the
>public, and tickets will go on public sale after 15 May. Plenary
>speakers include Ian Archer, Stanley Fish, Achsah Guibbory, Geoffrey
>Hill (reading his recent poems), Ann Hughes, Laura Knoppers, Nicholas
>von Maltzahn, John Rumrich, Regina Schwartz, anbd Quentin Skinner, and
>there will also be a lecture, open to the public, by Annabel Patterson.
>Registration forms, in Word or PDF format, can be downloaded from the
>website of the Institute of English Studies, http://ies.sas.ac.uk. Go
>to the website, and then to "events" and "conferences", with a link to
>the registration forms. There is also information about hotels and
>other accommodations in London on the IES website. It promises to be
>an excellent conference, and I look forward to seeing many of you there.
>Best wishes,
>Warren Chernaik
>--
>Warren Chernaik