[Milton-L] RE: [Graves was Professor of PoetryMilton-L] text questions

Derek Wood dwood at stfx.ca
Thu Feb 7 14:33:21 EST 2008

Carol,
When I was a graduate student, Robert Graves was Professor of Poetry. He had been at my college as a young man and dropped in to give us an informal reading and talk. He got round to early modern palaeograpy and left us with this motto: 'Remember, "f''s" for "s's" you silly suckers.'
(I remember he also told us that he read at least a page of O.E.D every day for pleasure.)
Derek
PS. Could you send me your email address -- the two I have don't work. Sorry list!

Derek N. C. Wood,
Senior Research Professor,
St. Francis Xavier University,
ANTIGONISH,    NS,