[Milton-L] John Milton E-Variorum: Sonnet 19/23

SCOTT HOWARD showard at du.edu
Wed Feb 6 15:00:41 EST 2008

Colleagues,

You may remember a recent invitation regarding APPOSITIONS: Studies in
Renaissance/Early Modern Literature & Culture, an electronic conference
and digital journal.

I am writing with a more specific invitation for you to visit and to
contribute to "John Milton E-Variorum: Meethought I saw my late espoused
saint", which you may find here:

http://appositions.blogspot.com/2008/01/event.html

This is one of three special events at the conference.

We have designed the John Milton E-Variorum on Sonnet 19/23 as EVENT A for
a few reasons:

* 2008 is, of course, the quatercentenary of John Milton's birth.

* "Meethought I saw" is one of the finest sonnets in the English language.

* The sonnet is a standard text, having received deep critical and
scholarly commentary.  Therefore, all the more reason to ask the question:
may an electronic conference facilitate any new points of engagement with
a standard text?

We hope you will visit and enjoy what you find at the conference.

Sincerely,
W. Scott Howard
Matt Steggle
Christina Angel
Anne Greenfield

APPOSITIONS: Studies in Renaissance/Early Modern Literature & Culture
E-Conference: February, 2008
Genres and Cultures
http://appositions.blogspot.com/

///