[Milton-L] text questions

Sara van den Berg vandens at slu.edu
Wed Feb 6 12:29:59 EST 2008

I have found it helps students to provide interesting study questions in
advance of the reading.  Not just who does what when, but questions
oriented toward "why." Four or five study questions per class does the
trick.  Over the years, students have been more likely to read the
assignment in my classes, and come prepared with significant
contributions to discussion, when they have some prompts for their
reading.  That is especially helpful to them (and, therefore, to me) in
the case of early texts.

Sara van den Berg