[Milton-L] jeffery's last post

John T. Shawcross jtshaw74 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 4 21:28:51 EST 2008

Dear Jeffery,

Many Bibles, using the AV (King James) and revisions, have internal
references of the type you are looking at. I have a copy of the
American Bible Society, for example, that for Matthew v:48 has a
footnote (n) to Deut. 18:13. In otherwise that is and has been a
reported "source" for the "perfect" text. And Deut. 18:13 has a
footnote (i) to Mt. 5:48. There are no such notes for the Genesis or
Leviticus verses.

You might be interested in the Geneva Bible note for Mattew v:48: "We
must labour to atteine vnto ye perfection of God, who of his free
liberalitie, doeth good to them that are vnworthie."

John