[Milton-L] Cosmic and Sublime

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 21:17:17 EST 2008

Thanks for the link. I note that the WSJ repeats some misleading information under the image borrowed from the Granger Collection:

    Exiting paradise: An engraving (after Gustave Doré) of the archangel Michael expelling Lucifer from Heaven

  Here's what the Granger Collection itself states:

    MILTON: PARADISE LOST. The archangel Michael, expelling Lucifer from Heaven (Book I of John Milton's 'Paradise Lost.') Wood engraving after Gustave Doré.

  At least this provided me a topic to blog about:

  http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/2008/02/wall-street-journal-lost-in-paradise.html

  So, I'm happy with the error.

  Jeffery Hodges

Paul Miller <pm9 at comcast.net> wrote:
  This is a Wall Street Journal article about the new Modern Library Milton
collected poems and selected prose

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120182675406533779.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Paul Miller

University Degrees: