[Milton-L] paintings

John T. Shawcross jtshaw74 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 1 15:32:51 EST 2008

I don't really want to get into this discussion about paintings, but
since there was a question about other similar paintings, there is
one by James Barry, another by George Romney, and another--not
dictating but similar and Milton in a chair outside with the
daughters around him--that I referred to in "Milton Quarterly" 39
(2005): 46, artist unknown. The exhibit of the  Munkacsy work in the
museum (castle) in Pest is extensive, showing  its development and
much related material.

John