[Milton-L] Re: Trying to Identify a Painting

John Ulreich jcu at email.arizona.edu
Fri Feb 1 12:49:04 EST 2008

I apologize to Carol and to all of the members of the list for my
dreadful post. I acknowledge the full force of Peter's rebuke: my
post was worse than unjust and ungenerous. It was malicious, gossipy,
unfit for public consumption at best.

Though I have no excuse, I can honestly say that I meant to send it
to a friend, decided it was inappropraite even for a private
communication, and thought I had trashed it. I am properly punished
for my carelessness. I hope that Carol, whose scholarship I admire,
and whom I regard as a friend, knows it was not meant in a spirit of
malice, though something malicious certainly emerged.

I hope that all of you will accept my apology.

jcu at email.arizona.edu
http//www.u.arizona.edu/~jcu/