[Milton-L] Re: Trying to Identify a Painting

John Ulreich jcu at email.arizona.edu
Fri Feb 1 11:51:37 EST 2008

Here's the priceless followup. Other than not bothering to notice
that Peter already has the image that she kindly offers to send him,
Carol (whom I know and actually like--with such reservations as you
may readily imagine) is a careful scholar & a ferocious collector of
Miltonic trifles, a genuine (if not perfectly reliable) resource when
it comes to information about Milton's life and times. The thing is,
she actually believes the sort of bullshit promulgated by the
painting: Milton was a wonderful man adored by all who knew him.
YOB

At 09:04 AM 2/1/2008, you wrote:
>Delaroche is your man, Peter. I use the painting to which you refer
>as my screen-saver, and will send it to you. [emphasis mind]
>
>Best to all,
>
>Carol Barton
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter C. Herman" <herman2 at mail.sdsu.edu>

John C. Ulreich
Professor of English
& Affiliate Faculty in Religious Studies;
Chair, Dean's Advisory Committee, COH;
Faculty Senator for College of Humanities
P.O. Box 210067
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721-0067
(520) 621-5424