[Milton-L] Re: Trying to Identify a Painting

HANNIBAL HAMLIN hamlin.22 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 1 11:37:04 EST 2008

Peter,

The one I know (and like) best is in the NY Public Library, by Mihaly Munkascy

http://www.artunframed.com/images/Monet55/munkacsy109.jpg

but there also seems to be a painting on the same subject by Eugene Delacroix (not sure where it is)

http://www.artofeurope.com/delacroix/del14.htm

All the best,

Hannibal

Hannibal Hamlin
Associate Professor of English
The Ohio State University
Book Review Editor and Associate Editor, Reformation

Mailing Address (2007-2009):

The Folger Shakespeare Library
201 East Capitol Street SE
Washington, DC 20003