[Milton-L] West Coast MLAs and rules

Arlene Stiebel amstiebel at verizon.net
Wed Dec 31 13:47:12 EST 2008

Dear List,

Contrary to Jim Watt's comment, we certainly do not lack in scholarly
resources.

Conventioneers attending the upcoming conference in Los Angeles will find
excellent research libraries at Cal Tech, UCLA (including the Clark) and USC
as well as the outstanding Henry E. Huntington Library, Art Gallery and
Botanical Gardens.  We also have such world-class museums as the Los Angeles
County Museum of Art, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Norton Simon
Museum, the Museum of Tolerance, the Southwest Museum of the American
Indian, the Asia Pacific Museum, the Griffith Observatory, the Natural
History Museum, the LaBrea Tar Pits, the American Film Institute, and not
one, but two J. Paul Getty Research Institutes and Museums -- the Villa in
Malibu and the "new" Getty in Brentwood.  That's only in LA, and only some
of the libraries and museums on the "whole west coast."

To those who provided such a lovely Milton Society Dinner in San Francisco
this year:  Thank you.

--Arlene Stiebel