[Milton-L] Vecchi

Diane McColley dmccolley at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 30 15:32:46 EST 2008

Since Milton's morning hymn of Adam and Eve resembles the Benedicite
Omnia Opera Domini Domino of the Book of Common Prayer (including the
1559 version and after); and since the only contemporary setting of
this canticle I can find is by Oratio Vecchi, whose works were among
those Milton sent back from Italy; and since I can find no recorded
version, I have  found a choir director who might be willing to record
it, and also the music of A Mask at Ludlow sung by actual children of
the appropriate ages. Would anyone who would be interested in obtaining
a CD please let me know offline?

Diane McColley