[Milton-L] Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night...

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 16:18:20 EST 2008

Well, since I'm asked -- at least implicitly -- to be humorless, or at least serious, then I would agree that Milton knows how to state his thesis quite clearly and methodically, and I would also agree that Paradise Lost itself presents an argument. Some years back, I even published an article exploring why Milton chooses to construct his argument in poetic form . . . though I can't say that I was entirely successful in demonstrating why he did.

Jeffery Hodges