[Milton-L] Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night...

Mario DiCesare dicesare1 at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 26 03:41:19 EST 2008

Enough already. Carrol is absolutely right. If you really HAVE make comparisons,
think about Homer or Vergil or Dante or Shakespeare or Goethe  or Tolstoy or
Dostoyevsky or Joyce or or or or. The mind reels.

But WHY make comparisons? Instead, try to get the spelling right. His name is
Carrol. And most instead, read and read and read and ... think.

Merry Christmas.

Mario

jonnyangel wrote:
> Who's better Carol? Who?
>
> Milton's footprint is bigger than Godzilla's, except Milton actually
> existed.
>
> So who's better than Milton?
>
> His linguistic genius and craft should have your head spinning faster than
> Linda Blair's, and if it isn't, then that is just plain embarrassing.

> On 12/26/08 1:12 AM, "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:
>

>> jonnyangel wrote:
>>> There is no greater writer that has ever lived.
>> He was a wonderful writer. As much time as I've spent on his poems, I
>> wish I had spent more.
>>
>> But this is such nonsense that it is just plain embarassing.
>>
>> Carrol

Mario A. Di Cesare
Distinguished Professor (emeritus), SUNY
Founder & Director, Medieval & Renaissance Texts
      & Studies (MRTS) & Pegasus Paperbooks (1978-1996)
Director, Pegasus Press (1996-1998; 2002-2004)
Member, College for Seniors, University of North Carolina
      Center for Creative Retirement at UNC Asheville

101 Booter Road
Fairview, NC 28730-8727
    Phone: 828-628-3883