[Milton-L] A card from Horace Jeffery Hodges

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Wed Dec 24 23:29:14 EST 2008

.
>   For my part, I began Christmas celebrations on
>   Christmas Eve yesterday evening by reading to my
>   children the first fitt of Sir Gawain and the Green
>   Knight . . . to be continued this evening and the
>   two evenings to follow.

How delicious!

When I taught the soph survey, I asked my students to contemplate the Hallmark Cards Presentation: "Sir Gawain's Very Special Christmas."  Then when we read "Lear," I noted its distinctly pre/non Christian setting and when it was first performed ... another Halmark Presentation?

With thanks for everyone on this list [including lurkers!].

Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU, ret.
JMU Safe Zones supporter