[Milton-L] Milton and the Second Amendment

Sanford Blackburn antinomian2 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 18 21:40:28 EST 2008

Dear Colleagues:

I am inquiring into the philosophical antecedents to the Declaration of Indepenence and the US Constitution.  I am primarily interested in issues regarding the Press, Speech, and Anti-establishment, but I've also come upon the provision concerning arms in the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights.  I am not surprised that Milton has come up as an important source for our understanding here.  Could some brave soul have a look at my preliminary note and advise me how I might, ahem, so to speak, "get more Milton in there."

The note is here at the top:

http://carterkaplan.blogspot.com/

Many kind thanks, as usual.

Carter Kaplan