[Milton-L] Book Reviewer sought: _Is Milton Better than Shakespeare_?

Matthew Stallard stallard at ohio.edu
Thu Dec 11 15:19:18 EST 2008

Hannibal wrote: I see is that such a call might
attract someone with a particular axe to grind

I think that it could. A good book review editor, however, would no doubt
carefully select the best review and not merely weigh the reputation of the
reviewer who would compose a thinly veiled vitriolic diatribe. It seems to
me that the call for reviews isn't dangerous in itself, but rather, that
the editors should pay close attention to the selection process, if they
choose to make an open call.

P.S. I think that Smith makes a great case for Milton's post 9/11
relevance.

Best,
Matthew

Matthew Stallard, Ph.D.
Ohio University
Department of English
305 Ellis Hall
Athens, OH 45701
stallard at ohio.edu
740-591-4273

--On Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:36 PM -0500 Hannibal Hamlin