[Milton-L] Re: plaque

John Rumrich rumrich at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 11 11:24:32 EST 2008

Dear Larry

Michael and I met Maurice at the same time, if I remember right.  It
may have been 1982.  His description is accurate, though I'm not sure
Roy Rogers is exactly right.  Kelley had some High Plains Drifter
edges when it came to his recollection of certain critical
controversies.  Unlike many academics he was thoroughly unpretentious
and, as Michael says, thoroughly and stubbornly Oklahoman.  He teased
me when later I took a job at UT.

John