Fw: [Milton-L] Advent

Carl Bellinger bcarlb at comcast.net
Tue Dec 9 13:52:15 EST 2008

Dear Diane McColley,

 Your phrases prompt me to forward the attached nativity poem "Window One"
 [which I'm almost finished editing, I think].

 Happy Advent!
 (and happy Milton's Advent too)

 Carl

P.S.  I'm also attaching a photo of "Window One," --a *very* early, French,
stained glass panel of the Nativity, which was removed a few centuries ago
when its cathedral [at Reims? or Amiens?] was being enlarged. It's a small
 panel, maybe 12 by 20 inches, once part of the great window at the end of a
 transept.  Somehow it made its way, with three companion panels, to a shed
 behind an Episcopal church in Massachusetts, where it was discovered in
 pieces, wrapped in newspaper[!].  The Curator at the Fogg Art Museum, I'm
 told, collapsed into a chair the moment he unwrapped it.