[Milton-L] This is the month, this the very morn

Jeffrey Shoulson jshoulson at mail.as.miami.edu
Tue Dec 9 11:14:38 EST 2008

Colleagues,

I'd like to use the occasion to announce yet one more event in the
ongoing celebration of the Quadricentennial John Milton's birthday.

The University of Miam and Florida International University will be
jointly hosting a two-day symposium on February 26 and 27, 2009 (I
know, a little late), entitled "Milton Alive at 400:  Samson
Agonistes and Religious Violence."

The symposium is comprised of several different components, including:

-- A roundtable discussion featuring Stanley Fish, Feisal Mohamed,
John Rumrich, Regina Schwartz, Susanne Woods, and myself on Samson
Agonistes

--An interdisciplinary panel on contemporary religious violence
featuring scholars in International Studies, Law, Political Science,
and Religious Studies from the University of Miami, FIU, and FAU

--A performance/reading of Samson Agonistes by members of the UM and
FIU Theater Departments.

For further information you can go to the website we have established
for the event:

http://milton400.fiu.edu/

Best wishes,
Jeffrey Shoulson

Jeffrey S. Shoulson, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of English and Judaic Studies
University of Miami
PO Box 248145
Coral Gables, FL 33124-4632

(o) 305-284-5596