[Milton-L] The DNB Life of the Day

jonnyangel junkopardner at comcast.net
Tue Dec 9 11:06:42 EST 2008

On 12/9/08 10:57 AM, "Ernst Oor" <eoor at planet.nl> wrote:

> In Milton John (1608-1674) poet and polemicist by Gordon Campbell there is no
> mention at all of the companion poems "L' Allegro" and "Il Penseroso" which is
> the first of Milton's works foreign students get acquainted with. I was
> looking forward to read something about these fabulous poems. Never mind!
> Happy Birthday to John Milton!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Enna Martina

Well, he does touch on it briefly under the Hammersmith and Horton,
1631­1638 entry in the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (or were you
referring to my post about his new Milton Bio)?

His new bio book "John Milton: Life, Work, and Thought" just came out last
month and he had promised in "John Milton (Very Interesting People)" that
this new Bio would contain new discoveries in Milton's life that had
recently come to light.

-J